Postby mcv on Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:36 pm

patricia arquette tweeted

Patricia Arquette
?
Verified account

@PattyArquette
3h3 hours ago
More
If you could ask Julia Roberts one question what would it be?
----

maybe they'd have that variety thing where they interview each other.
mcv
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Re: Celebrities' quotes about Julia

Postby berlioz on Sun May 05, 2019 3:10 pm

OMG some sort of emmy roundtable??
that would be great!
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Postby mcv on Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:25 am

And then there’s Julia Roberts, who weathered a lot in those early years.

Julia didn’t change, the world changed. Overnight, when Pretty Woman opened, she became the No. 1 female box-office star in the world, and she was not prepared. It was a fish bowl — “Let’s watch this girl handle this bucking bronco,” and let’s see any time she makes a mistake. Did she drink too much? Did she meet the wrong boyfriend? What did she do wrong? Right after Flatliners, we were shooting again together [on Dying Young]. And she was in my arms in the back of a car, sobbing. Her mascara was rolling down her eyes because someone she had gone to high school with had told a story from Smyrna, Georgia, about boys she had gone out with [back then]. Someone left behind made $1,800 to sell the story. And I said, “Julia, I wish I could tell you that this is a one-off kind of thing. But you have to become very strong now because you’re a phenomenon. And everything in the world from the highest praise to shit like this is going to happen to you.” And she looked up at me, crying, and said, “I never needed to be this famous.” And it was so profound to me because I realized you can’t decide how much fame you want or get. It’s not up to you. You now belong to them. I think she did eventually become very strong. She had to be. What was her other choice?

https://www.vulture.com/2019/08/joel-sc ... ation.html
mcv
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby berlioz on Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:58 pm

i'm so glad tom hanks mentioned julia (with meg ryan and meryl streep) duting his golden globe career award speech <3

i'm sure she'll get one in the next five years, i wonder if she'll get it from tom or from denzel.
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Postby swamer on Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:21 am

Elisabeth Moss to Harper Bazaar:

I was listening to an Oprah podcast where she was interviewing Julia Roberts, and here you have arguably the biggest female star in the world, and she has managed to maintain a good amount of privacy. I don’t think it has to do with your level of stardom but in how you conduct your life.”
swamer
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby swamer on Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:30 pm

Dax Shepard to Ellen, on meeting Brad Pitt:

“I went on a date with him. I’m not kidding you,” Dax said. “In Brad Pitt fashion, it was spectacular. We took a helicopter… you think I’m lying! We took a helicopter to a motorcycle track. We both love riding motorcycles. Just the two of us took a jaunt up to this motorcycle track.”

“I felt like Pretty Woman. I felt like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman. I was waiting for him to set that chopper down on Rodeo [Drive in Beverly Hills] and let me just go wild in one of those stores with his credit card,” Dax continued. “If it had happened, it wouldn’t have surprised me. It was that incredible.”
swamer
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby mcv on Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:17 am

Keifer at it again, LOL

Hailed as the Hollywood couple of the day, Sutherland was blindsided when Roberts called off their 1991 wedding and soon afterwards began a relationship with Sutherland’s friend, the actor Jason Patric. ‘I was heartbroken,’ he says today. But he thinks she did the right thing. ‘We were young. And I think she very smartly realised, “Oh gosh, this is for life. I’m not ready to do this.” And fair enough. Good for you. Thank you in hindsight.’

He says that he and Roberts ‘run into each other every once in a blue moon at an awards show’. And like Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston when they met at the Screen Actors Guild awards recently, they greet each other warmly. But no, he says definitively, he could never imagine getting back together with her. Yet he understands why everyone is so invested in a Pitt/Aniston reunion. ‘People are romantic. They want people to still care about each other. And I’ve never understood people breaking up and never talking again. How could you go from one day being that in love to hating someone?’

Of Roberts he says, ‘She’s someone that I loved and cared for very much and there were reasons for that and those reasons haven’t changed. I wish her absolutely everything.’ He says that being with her was an extraordinary experience. ‘I developed an incredible understanding of how difficult it was for women in our business. She changed the pay scale for women in film, I was so proud of her for that. I also saw the way people came at her.’ He exhales loudly. ‘I was scared for her and I can only imagine that that got worse. She was arguably and is arguably one of the largest stars in the world.’

- https://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/thinkin ... -luckiest/
mcv
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Previous

98 posts • Page 7 of 71 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Return to Julia Roberts Discussion